MANY PATHS TO WELLNESS
Besides EMDR Therapy, I offer a variety of counselling approaches according to your needs and best fit: no-touch, body-oriented psychotherapies (Sensorimotor, Somatic Experiencing and Hakomi), Psychosynthesis, Choice Theory, Solutions-focused and Cognitive-behavioral therapy. Using my transpersonal psychotherapy training and perspective, I invite the entirety of you and your experiences into the process. Using a collaborative, person-centred and strength-based perspective, together with the belief in the primacy of your own agency and will in healing and growth, we work together to identify a treatment plan that matches your goals, personality and unique perspective.
I believe these approaches are deeply enhanced with mindful awareness — seeing and acknowledging your mental and physical reality in the present moment. Helping you tune into your inherent wisdom is a key component of my healing approach.
MY PRINCIPLES OF THERAPY
To give you a better sense my approach to therapy, I offer some of the principles that will guide our time together:
- Therapy is a collaborative partnership. We will work together as partners in your healing.
- Mindfulness and curiosity are key. They provide the opportunity to observe your thoughts, feelings and sensations, stay within an acceptable level of arousal, and help you choose more healthful ways of dealing with the effects of trauma.
- Healing only happens in the here and now. The past only informs the present.
- The only way out of suffering is through it. We do this as safely, carefully and compassionately as possible, harnessing the full resources of body and mind.
- Your will and choice are paramount. This is YOUR process. I serve as a guide to help you discover your innate wisdom and experience a sense of self-mastery.
- Our connection, (self) compassion, and combined wisdom create a field in which your healing arises.